The school is involved in a number of charity events over the course of the year. We raise money for several charities through non-uniform days and special events, and collect items and gifts for chosen charities at Harvest and Christmas time.
The school is a registered charity. Our charity number is 312197.
Ofsted carried out a one day short inspection on the 12th December 2017. We are pleased to report that the inspectors confirmed that we are a ‘good’ school with lots of strengths and where all children are included and valued. You can read the full inspector’s letter HERE
I want to thank all the staff for working hard every day to support our children to make progress, to have fun and to be well cared for.
Here are some of the well deserved highlights from the inspector’s letter:
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare remain strengths of the school.
- Communication has now become an area of strength for the school.
- The school have developed assessment procedures significantly since the last inspection.
- Staff clearly understand what to do if they have a concern about a pupil’s welfare.
- Safeguarding records are detailed and of high quality.
- A wide range of stimulating activities are used to extend pupils’ learning effectively.
- Pupils are challenged appropriately by the work set and achieve well.
- Teaching assistants are well deployed to support pupils’ progress.
- The school prepares pupils for the next stage of their education.
- Pupils are given meaningful and appropriate work experience activities.
Well done and thank you to everyone who contributed to the inspection day.