3rd January 2021

Dear Parents,

It is with regret that I am writing to let you know that we will not be able to open as planned on Tuesday. This is due to a lack of information about the new variant of Covid-19 and any further safety measures that will need to be put into place to protect staff and pupils. It also reflects the delay receiving the updated guidance for special schools on testing. Having at last received the guidance, it is clear that there is considerable work to be done putting together a trained team. The Governing Board have therefore decided that the school should delay its return by a week until risk assessments can be fully updated and safe arrangements for lateral flow tests for staff and secondary pupils put into place.

I realise how disappointing this will be for those of you who wanted your child to attend St Giles this week and want to emphasise that this is a delay in opening and not a closure. As soon as we have these measures in place and we are satisfied that we have made St Giles as safe as it can be for pupils and staff, we will be contacting you to arrange for your child to return to school.

In the meantime, I will be working with the staff team tomorrow to make sure that arrangements for home learning during this period are in place.

Best wishes,

Kathy Lewis

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *