Physical Education is delivered to pupils in a safe and engaging environment that is designed to meet the individual needs of all who participate. Physical Education is fundamentally used as a tool to encourage;
- a physically active and healthy lifestyle
- cooperation, teamwork and social and communicative skills
- the building of self-confidence and self-esteem
- an awareness of the body in relation to both space and others and changes that occur during physical activity
- imagination and exploration
- developing control and coordination
- the incorporation of pupils’ physiotherapy programmes where applicable
All pupils have a weekly PE lesson and a swimming session in the school hydrotherapy pool.
Many pupils have opportunities to represent the school in disability sports competitions at local and national level.
In 2015 St Giles won the London Boccia championship and came 5th in the Boccia nationals in Sheffield.